myToDoListPHP is a simple To-Do list that I am developing using PHP, MySQL and Ajax adding continuous improvements. You can add/delete tasks, and mark a task completed. You can also reuse the code in your projects to simplify your work.
Update history Update november 16, 2007
- scriptacuolus effects and notes added october 27, 2007
- sortable task with drag and drop added october 30, 2007
- ajax search engine added november 1, 2007
- update to version 0.3 november 11, 2007
- update to ver 0.3a: I have solved some issues and added a filter for completed task november 14, 2007
- update to version 0.4 november 15, 2007
- update to version 0.5, added set task prioriy and % of completion november 16, 2007
Download the new code here
Max Pozdeev MyTinyTodoList Website
This is some application's screenshots:
Add users, tasks and notes:
The search engine, find task and user while you type:
The package is composed from these files:
- 1. todolist.php (the application's page)
- 3. dbconnection.php (contains mySQL parameters for the connection to database. You have to change the default values with your parameters.)
- 4. insertTask.php (insert a new task)
- 5 deleteTask.php (delete a task)
- 6 completeTask.php (mark a task complete)
- 7. createDBtable.php (you can use this file to create automatically the database table)
- 8. Scriptaculous folder (enable scriptaculous effects) october 27, 2007
- 9. saveNote.php (you can add a note for each task) october 27, 2007
- 10. in-showTask.php (code optimization) november 1, 2007
- 11. insertUser.php (add a new user) november 11, 2007
- 12. in-userRow.php (code optimization) november 11, 2007
- 13. in-lineBar.php (code optimization) november 14, 2007
- 14. in-sqlProperties.php (enable filter for completed tasks using an SQL parameter) november 14, 2007
- 14. in-hideCompleteTask.php (save preference show/hide completed tasks into database) november 14, 2007
- 15. in-modifyTask.php (modify task interface) november 15, 2007
- 16. modifyTask.php (update task) november 15, 2007
Step 1: create a new MySQL database using myAdminPhp
First step, you have to create a new MySQL database using myAdminPHP and modify the connection's parameters ($db_host, $db_name, $username, $password) into the file dbconnection.php in this way:
// REQUIRED! Parameters to connecto to your DB
// CHANGE ONLY $db_host, $db_name, $username, $password
// DON'T CHANGE THE REST!
Step 2: create the database table using createDBtable.php
Now you can open createDBtable.php using your web browser in your localhost. This file will create a table TODOLIST to store the application's data. Verify on phpMyAdmin that the table has been created.
Step 3: run the application!
Open todolist.php with you browser and try the application!
You can reuse, modify, improve and distribute the code. For info please contact me.