This blog has moved here: woorkup.com | FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @woork
Thursday, October 2, 2008

Daily Inspired: free professional Blogger Template

Finally, after a lot of requests I released the "Daily Inspired" template for all Blogger users for free. This post explains how to customize it. If you have some problems or suggests please add a comment. In the next days I'll update this section with news and new tips about this template.

You can download this template (an html file you can customize quickly using, for example, Dreamweaver) at the following link but, first to use it on your blog, read carefully the disclaimer.

Download this Blogger Template




Disclaimer


PLEASE, READ THIS!
This is an highly customized Blogger template which I suggest to use only if you have familiarity with HTML, CSS and Blogger. Before to make changes on your actual Blogger template, save a copy of your template on your local hard disk, so, if something go wrong with the update, you can restore it. Take a mind, if you use custom Widgets on your actual Blogger template, they will be removed using this template. I'm not responsible for eventual problems. Ok?

Customize Template


Add Blog Logo
To add your logo on this template find this code:

<td height="100" align="center">Your logo here</td>

... and add a logo image within <td> element instead of "Your logo here".


Add tab on the navigation bar
If you want to add a new tab on the navigation bar find this comment:

<!-- NAVIGATION BAR LINKS -->

...and add this code:

<a href="POST_URL" class="tabbed-bar"><div>Your Page</div></a>

Then, create a new post on blogger (= a new page...), add some content, publish it and copy the URL of this new post instead of POST_URL within the previous code. In this way your post will be a not a simple "post" but a page (for example take a look at my Tutorials page).


Search field
In order to use custom search on this template find this code:

<!-- SEARCH FIELD -->
<div id="search-bar">
<form action="http://YOUR_SITE.blogspot.com/search" method="get">

...and change YOUR_SITE.blogspot.com/search with the URL of your blog. For example on this site is woork.blogspot.com/search


Customized Home Page
You can customize you Blogger home page adding a special section which will appear only on your home page. For example, on my Blog I added this section:



How to do it? Find this code:

<!-- START[Home Page Section]-->

... and add some HTML code which will be displayed only on home page.


Your name below each post title
To customize the name below each post title find this code:

<!-- ABOUT YOU, POST-->
<i>by <a href="#">Your Name</a></i>

...and change Your Name with your real name or an alias, and change the link to a page with some information about you.


Add sections on the sidebar
If you want to create new sections on the sidebar use this code:

<h3><div>Section Title</div></h3>
<div class="section-w">
<!-- HTML Code here -->
</div>


About me section
To add your personal information find this code:

<!-- ABOUT ME SECTION -->

...and customize this section adding an image and a short description of you.

Recent Post
You may active a Feedburner account to enable Recent Post and Recent Comments list. I used FeedBurner BuzzBoost service to add a section with recent entries and recent comments. If you have a FeedBurner account login, clik on "Publicize" tab and select "BuzzBoost" service:



Follow instructions on the page and copy and paste BuzzBoost code on this template, within the section Recent Post.

Take a look at this post for other tips about blogger:
7 Tips to design professional blog layout using Blogger


Categories on the sidebar
Take a look at my categories section on the sidebar:


In order to display categories on two columns I didn't use automatic Blogger categories list but I created manually each category using this code:

<li><a href="http://YOUR_BLOG.com/search/label/LABEL?max-results=10">Label</a></li>

You can use the previous code to add new categories on categories section. If you know an alternative way to display categories (automatically) splitted on two column please add a comment!


Download
Download this Blogger Template


Related content
More articles about tips and tricks on Blogger and how to design professional Blogger template:

Some Blogger Tips you probably don't know
7 Tips to design professional blog layout using Blogger
Blogger Hack: add social buttons to increase your traffic

blog comments powered by Disqus
Sara M. said...

AWESOME!!! Absolutely AWESOME! This is the best template for Blogger I never seen!!!! THANKS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Only a word: thanks. This template is beautiful. You are simply the best.

RP said...

Thanks! I'll use it!

scritti said...

SUGOI!!!Anata ha Tensai desu!
(AWESOME!!! you're a genius!)

p@r@Noid said...

i like the templete ..but need many rectification...!!
like coz of your sidebar....the actual text of the post started missing..!!!

and after that....!!!!
the background and everything is nice...!!!

But related post feature is missing..!!!

So please upate it..and i will love to use it as my blog page..with all credit goes to ytou then

Ravi said...

Hi Antonio,
A very big thank you for releasing your awesome blogger template to the public.

I have a small query . I have incorporated a 3rd party commenting system called Discus on my blog. Will I be able to incorporate this commenting system using your template ?

And does your template allow re-ordering of side-bar sections using the drag and drop feature in the layers tab provided by blogger ?

Once again thanks for the template. It is very professional.

Rajeev Edmonds said...

Antonio, I can only say one word "THANKS"

This template is stunning. :D

ThemeLib.com said...

This template looks nice but painfully it's not widget ready as well as requires lots of hard work

Rodney SANKINKA said...

A lot of thank man. Already in place in one of my blog ( Café Biblique )

STJ said...

GREAT! I will soon try this one. Thanks for providing such a generous help post too.

Taimoor-Blogger said...

A Million Time's Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I dont know, but somehow nothing works for me.. Cant see posted content :(

Naeem Baloch said...

thanksss!! Great Woork.

Daniel Ulczyk said...

Nice template, Antonio.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

INCREDIBILE !

VERAMENTE ... UNA GRANDE GIOIA PER QUESTO TUO LAVORO CHE CI OFFRI TRA QUESTO STUPENDO TEMPLATE

THANKS A LOT ...

STEPHANE

Ben said...

Oh ! This is CRAZY!!
The best Blogger template Ever made !

Lion said...

Hey,

I really respect your work, you have done an awesome job so far, it's always a pleasure to read your posts.
That said please let me voice a kind of different opinion than the other commenters about your new template:
In a word I would call it Bloatware. I understand you want to make it look like a newspaper, but you really neet to decide what content you want on the page. You can't have everything ... Ads, portlets, adds, content.
The main concept is perfect, it's being screwed up when you add all information to it.
Eg:
1. Instead of having ONE visible RSS button on top and maybe a subtle link group below the post, you have around 12 links that link to your RSS feed.
2. There are too many adds ... try to balance it, don't over do it, it simply looks trashed.
3. Make use of the pages. Don't post your entire profile on the first page, facebook links, etc.
4. You don't keep simillar information together, instead you spread it on the template. (Eg. comments w recent entries, links to digg, twitter, delicious. It's difficult to search for them in so many places.

These are my two cents. It's a personal opinion, I hope I didn't offend.
Either way I'll keep watching for more cool stuff you post!

Cheers,
Z.

Kishore said...

Its a nice template and very customized. Adsense users can easily customize it with a little bit of HTML knowledge.

Jagan said...

Comment form within the blog would be great..!

A stunning template..
Thank You :)

Sunil said...

Hi,

Thank you for template,I actually sent an email to you regarding template but you have not responded yet. I started changing template, its almost done but the problem i faced is how to keep google ads inside post and one more thing i didn't understand about 'bloggerbuzz' i got the code but u said paste it inside 'Recent posts' but when i placed the code the content is overwritten. Plz solve my problem.

Regards,
Sunil Kumar.A

Anonymous said...

This is and OUTSTANDING template!
Your generosity is admirable.

I love your site and work!

Vasu said...

Awesome....
the most beautiful template i have found for blogger.

Thanks a lot dude...
hope you continue to serve this blogger engine....

love u :)

Tinh said...

Great them. I have never seen such a wonderful theme like this for blogger so far. Great work

Rajeev Edmonds said...

Thanx antonio for the template. I have finally customized it and now using for my tech blog http://www.freshtechtips.com/

If anybody faces any difficulty in customizing it, can send me mail. I'll be glad to help him/her.

Anonymous said...

Hey Antonio, can I develop a similar WordPress theme?

judearasu said...

hi its possible to ve blogger xml files to html since i tried a lot but i didnt get

Kevin said...

Thx for sharing such a great template for free with detail description... really appreciate your effort on putting all things together

axion said...

Muchisimas gracias Antonio!

Grazie

Anonymous said...

Yeapppppppp it's ok I did it !

http://041008blogtest.blogspot.com/

Thanks Antonio!

Really Blogspot needs such Magazine Template.

Well ... We are waiting for the next one Magazine Tempalte ;-)

See u

A Friend

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm customize it for my Blog. Thanks!

Girissh said...

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for sharing the code. I am using it on my blog now.

I have a question. In the blog, only the post title is displayed. How do I change this so that I can display only a few lines and then add 'Read more' link. Thank you.

Regards
Girissh

Giorgos Androulidakis said...

Dear Antonio, thank you so much for your awesome template! Would you please consider also releasing your initial Woork template? I loved it and, as you may well know, I'm not the only one!

Nabeeha Khan said...

Man you are trully a hero for me...

Thanks a million...

Such a beautiful template.

check out my template

www.vnoma.blogspot.com

ganesh said...

A clean and powerful template. Truly appreciate the amount of effort you have put into it. The work reflects in woork.... Thanks!!

Barry Wise said...

Wow, nice job, beautiful template! Thanks for releasing that, I'm sure I can use it!

Kumaran said...

Hey Anto, thanks for the excellent template...

Krutika said...

Thanks Antonio! Thats so generous of you..i have previously used one of the handwritten fonts that you offered in freebies in my resume..And now i m downloading this..Great Work:-)

shiva said...

nice post dude.........

Anonymous said...

Simply.... AWESOOOOOMEEEEE!!!! THanks!

Pushpinder Singh Bagga said...

if you add paging and comment form to this ... it will look amazing...

Ganesh said...

Hey!! Thanx!!!

Amanda said...

Hello Antonio,

Great work on this beautiful template! I received your email but have only just read it as I've been on holiday.

It should be possible for you to make the category list display automatically side by side using only CSS (or even inline css if you prefer).

Best way may be to use code like this:

#Label1 li {display: inline; width: 200px; padding: 5px; float: left;}

Or something similar. This would make only the list items for the labels display side by side while other lists in the template would display as normal. The #Label1 ID refers to the ID of the labels widget (I assumed would be Label1 which displays as a DIV once the blog is generated, though coded as a widget in the template (hope you understand my meaning!).

Feel free to email me if I can help with any other aspect of the template. I am not online much today as I'm feeling rather ill, but will reply as soon as I can.

I was wondering if you would still also release the template you used previous to this one (with the red highlighting)? This was also an excellent design :)

Best wishes,

Amanda (Blogger Buster)

S.C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Typhoon said...

Awesome man but really complicted but still i want to tell you that i m distributing it on my blog http://www.smartbloggerz.com/ with your credits.You may check it.

--- said...

Hi

the overlapping problem occurs when buzzBoost code is added.

regards

Bharat Mudgal

S.C. said...

Okay guys, I think i found the problem.

How can I get the Del.icious counter to work on my site?

Can someone help?

salc_75(at)msn(dot)com

Networking Design said...

The Template for Blogger is fantastic. Thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous said...

How did you get your flickr photos to line up in two rows like that on your sidebar?

Dario Salvelli said...

Wow...it's pretty. Congrats!

Regards said...

Hello, I learn a lot with you.
I see that your posts only show a title and a caption on your homepage. How can it be?
Bye and thank you

yoxx said...

i love it, grazzie antonio :)

Shivendu Madhava said...

Good Template
Please Embed Post comment box beow the post in your blog thanks

netsurvival said...

Thanks antonio,
It awesome, i prepare new blog to use this template,
Thanks again...

Javo said...

Muchisimas gracias Antonio, soy seguidor tuyo desde mucho realmente tienes muy buenas cosas, te agradesco por la blnatilla que la use como base para un nuevo proyecto que tengo, ahi nos vemos espero que te guste, por favor visitalo: http://plugers.blogspot.com

Toni.Martz said...

Antonio,

Spectacular template. Thanks for sharing it.

anung said...

Using it on:
http://himakom.ugm.ac.id/main/\

it's the best blogger template!!

thanks so much

Deepun said...

Excellent post!!

Fasil said...

Hi Woork...

Thanks for providing such a wonderful template , I like the professionalism in your template and really appreciate for the work in providing this template..

I ve used this template in my blog ..
Kindly give me your feedbacks or suggestion about this blog

http://bestofopensources.blogspot.com/

steups said...

Thanks for the template, I am experimenting with it on my blogspot

One thing though, does anyone know how to make an excerpt of the post show, instead of the post-title only?

And secondly, how to overried the CSS when using page navigation?

@_raj said...

hi !
this is a great template. I applied it on my blog as soon as i saw it. Visit my blog here :

carsonroll.blogspot.com

I would like to know how you have placed the two headings :"About the daily inspired" and "Advertise" just below the main home page.

Keep Writer said...

Hi,

This is such a wonderful template. I need to make one modification in the template. Like the recent posts just displays only the title. I need first two or three lines of the post to be displayed in the homepage with a read more link. Can you let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance

Avinash said...

Awesome Theme, any plans for a version for Wordpress, or has anyone ported this for Wordpress??

iddaa said...

Nice post.Thanks..

Matthew said...

thank u r information

it very useful

u r blog Is very nice

Viperhoot said...

awesome job,
i have your template on my blog, i made some changes in the original design (your credits included), there is no problem?

yatot said...

wow! great template... thanks for sharing it! i will study this template carfully... thanks again!

Computerhelp said...

thtanks for sharing this beautiful template !

warter said...

wordpress version for this template?
thanks

Yan Susanto said...

Hey

I'm not too sure if this is a double entry but I don't seem to be able to get the template work properly. I mean I had my first published article but it just failed to show up on the front page.

I really love your template but I'm at a loss now. Can you advise?

Yan

www.MonjurulHoque.com said...

BOSS can i implement this template for word press?

Ajay said...

is this theme is also avilable for wordpress

wallbay said...

This template looks good but it create to many error message on my blogger
especialy when I try to put html on put some "html here"

it says something about
Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The reference to entity "c" must end with the ';' delimiter.

tongkonan said...

very proffesional template. Goog work, thanks.

iam said...

beautiful..thanks..

You are the best..

mafiary said...

cool theme , thanks

Vinay said...

thanx for the great template i have ever seen..

CMS said...

thx so much

Anonymous said...

Ciao Antonio.
Grazie per il template favoloso.

L'ho usato, pero cambiando un paio di cose, naturalmente, e trasformato come skin per il CMS DotNetNuke (tanto different da Blogger).

Potresti vedere il risultato qui sul mio blog basato su dotnetnuke

Se non ti dispiace, lo vorrei anche dare come download gratuito per quelli che usano anche il DotNetNuke.

Grazie ancora!

Natural Horse Resource said...

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your amazing template. I have incorporated into our new online blog, The Natural Horse Resource, as you can see: http://naturalhorseresource.blogspot.com.

I have three problems - could you possibly help?

1) The End Home Page to the End Post Body section:

This keeps disappearing from my blogger template. The site still works (apart from I get 'your name' when I open a post, but it remains 'by Natural Horse Resource' on the home page), but if I want to make changes I have to copy in all the html again from the template and this is confusing and slightly worrying - is do you know how I would fix this?

This comments box will not allow me to post the code that remains, but it is basically only eight lines long. I can send it to you in an email if you like?

Can you help me fix this please?

2) Can you tell me how I reduce space between the post heading and the 'by your name' and comments line, as at the moment I have a big white gap there that I'd like to close up.

3) Can you help me find the grey advertising box on the top right hand side of the header? Sorry if this is obvious to experienced HTML users.

Sorry to trouble you with this, but would be so grateful for your help.

Thanks again for your amazing generosity in offering this blogger template. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks,
NHR

dadz said...

helllo ... very nice template... but i can't insert google adsense code...whay? because this template have Pop-ups and want delete but i don't know this code.... "dadzghrol@gmail.com"

iPhoneRuler said...

Hi,

very nice template!

using it on:
http://iphoneruler.blogspot.com

Thanks! iPR

cahPamulang said...

NIce template. Thanks alot!

banglablogger said...

thanks for the awesome template. after downloading the zip file from boxnet i found that it is not xml file, it is html file. would you please tell how do i use this template in blogger.

Pr. Fábio dos Santos said...

Parabéns pelo design!
Comentário de um Brasileiro apaixonado pela plataforma blogger...

Riza Rohman said...

Dear mr Antonio. I've just use your amazing blogger template. I Love It, but I have some trouble about to showing the recent comment.

Just follow you to use "BuzzBoost" at feedburner.com and change the URL like this:

...src='http://pojokriza.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default?format...

It's not worked. Any suggestion please. Once more..Thank you very much

Digitalmail said...

Hi you have created very nice templates for bloggers buddy . I like them very much . Take a look on my two new designs in magazine style for blogspot users . http://digitalmail.blogspot.com/2008/11/blogger-templates-in-magazine-styles.html

aryadewangga said...

Hi Mr Antonio...I'm back here just to clarified that this template was not supported in IE (internet Explore),please check it out...

I'm still waiting you to fix the some bug on this amazing template...

Thank you

http://pojokriza.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i will be good if you have it for Wordpress template.

vishnu vardhan reddy B said...

you made it awesome but i hav the problem for uploading it to my blog please help me bro

www.v2tricks.blogspot.com is my blog

vishnu vardhan reddy B said...

everything goes easy and gr8 but i cant place my photo beside short descrition please help me bro

Arya said...

Some help to: vishnu vardhan reddy B.

Adding an image beside about me description was easy.
1. Open your template (Edit HTML) on expand widget template.
2. At -- ABOUT ME SECTION --, find: img width="107" height="75" border="0" class="face" and replace it with your image.

vishnu vardhan reddy B said...

thnx a lot i hav made that image some other way with direct html code but here when i clik on post comment its not goin to my comment page

Am said...

super template!!:)

Mohamed Hamza said...

Hello sir
I really I'm learning from your blog , and I'm a big fan of it .
I like you to explain in a separated post how to convert the template to show the right to left writings such as Arabic.

with gratitude

vinay prashar said...

Best Ever template i ever seen.

Http://ihackintosh.blogspot.com

Pierre said...

Fabulous from France.

Flame Den said...

Thanks a LOT for such an awesome template. I have one problem. On the home page I also want to include a bit of summary of the post. It could be few lines from the body of the blog. Please suggest.

http://flamedentest.blogspot.com/

Jhangora said...

Antonio I think U R a genius. I will definitely try this template once I get a domain name of my own. I am technically not proficient but will try to learn from ur post. Keep doing the good work. Ur blog will be the blog of the month on my blog in Jan 2009 ... I promise.

小四 said...

First,thank you give us such a perfect blog theme template,but i have a big problem to use this.
I am a Chinese user,so i want add some chinese word in the template,but there is something wrong when i use chinese word, always say An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xd862) was found in the element content of the document.Can you help me? thanks!

Intelligent said...

Thanks pro,

It's very good template, I'm trying to apply for my blog:

https://web-template-design.blogspot.com

Eye Care said...

I went through almost all the comments put here by different readers of this post. Most of the people have praised this free template. I also downloaded one for my http://eyecare123.blogspot.com blog. In a few days I will convert my blog into this template. I think it will have more professional look after change over to this template. Thanks for the heard work and congratulation for this outstanding blog you made.

website design New York City said...

thanks ur information

it very useful

Patrik Luca said...

Awesome template! Thanks a lot! I've converted my blog IT Pro Ramblings to it.

Keysa Liviana said...

nice blog

Mohamed Hamza said...

Hello sir
i'm in bad need to know how to make this template displaying the ARABIC language in a correct way ?
this is the second time I ask this question by no answer , I'll be very grateful if you or anyone answered me .

thanks in advance

firdaus.a said...

Thanks..

I Even used it for my custom domain..

Thank You.. Very Much..

Weirdo said...

hey i am having problem with ur template. how do i make some part of the post to appear in the home section itself. plz reply

Vijay said...

Hi,

I really liked your template... but I am struggling to fix the post content itself on my main page. Any idea, why the content of my post itself is not being displayed.

i tried tweaking width, but it's not working.

Thanks

Frances said...

Vijay,
I have found that a large part of the code, including post content, disappears completely after publishing. The site will function perfectly well, but if I want to make any changes I have to copy back in what I know will have been mysteriously deleted. It must be a bug because I cannot find any other reason for this. Not sure if that helps you, I hope it does.

Patrik Luca said...

I don't see the recycle bin icon next to posted comments, so I am not able anymore to delete spam comments.

How can I get the recycle bin icon back?

Riyas said...

superb!! awesome! great template!!

jose said...

Como puedo hacer para que se vean los textos de los post en la página principal del blog.Gracias por su ayuda

Lion said...

Thanks for temlate ! {i like this style}
Does anybody know how do I get on the front page news in full display, not just the headlines?

ericjogja said...

nice blog

egyphoto said...

nice template

Matt Peloquin said...

Great template. I used it for my blog redesign. As an SEO guy, I put your credit link text as "Blogger Template". If you want something else, send me an email.

Take a look and let me know what you think:

CollegeSportsInfo.com News

Lee said...

Thanks for the great template!
I am using it on my site http://oneadaydeal.blogspot.com

alotstuff said...

im using it now thanks

http://www.sd4us.blogspot.com

Đσиγ said...

Template em XML para Blogger

http://rapidshare.com/files/209170095/template_Daily_inspired.rar


Jesus te Ama!

Novan said...

terimah kasih Antonio, great templates, i am using it now.

Daniel said...

Sooooooo Thanks

borabora said...

hi, this is the best blogger template i have seen. however, a small question: how can i incorporate google search into the search box?

thanks!

Caz said...

I don't know if I got it right that this was customized for blogger but when I downloaded it and unzip the files there was no xml file. So how am I suppose to upload it on blogger?

Please advice. I really love the template.

expert seo said...

GREAT! I will soon try this one. Thanks for providing such a generous help post too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'll use it!

David said...

Greetings. I am using this wonderful group (thanks to the author) and have problems at the time of seeing the “wastebasket of erasure of commentaries”. Somebody can inform to me on the solution of the problem. Gracias

Pi said...

Finally..!
After weeks of searching and editing I found the perfect template. Thank you very much!
Pi

Web Design Quote said...

I like all the templates and i am happy to visit your blog and found nice templates at your blog.I appreciate your effort on putting all things together for the visitors.

Blogspot Tutorial said...

It is a professional template, I need this one for my blog...thank you

Michigan Lasik said...

This is a very nice, clean looking template. Once I improve my HTML skills, I will consider using it for my sites. Keep up the great work.

Skydweller said...

Man could you please suggest how can we add the code highlighting in our blogger blogs as you do?

djeffcoate said...

Hey,

Great template, but for some reason the titles for each post appear much smaller than I want.

What do I need to do to make the titles larger?

If anybody knows could you email me at d.jeffcoate@gmail.com

Thanks

amrmrx said...

how Can i make Embed Comments under post ?Plz
.
Your templates is pro.

Anonymous said...

i cant even upload this on blogger...its a firefox document...lol

ThemeLive said...

Nice template! Thank You Mr.Antonio..

CMS Themes said...

This is surely one of the best original Blogger template!

I've listed this template on http://www.cmstheme.net/theme/blogger/daily-inspired.html

Keep on sharing mate!

  • Twitter Follow woork on Twitter
  • RSS Feed Subscribe to stay up to date
  • Podcast Coming soon...
  • 0 delicious lovers save
Share your links. Do you want to suggest any interesting link about web design or tech news? Submit your link.
Submit a News