This blog has moved here: woorkup.com | FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @woork
Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Woork Handbook

The Woork Handbook is a free eBook about CSS, HTML, Ajax, web programming, Mootools, Scriptaculous and other topics about web design... directly from Woork!

Ok friends... finally a first preview of "The Woork Handbook" is ready to be released. This book is a miscellanea of articles I wrote on my blog in the past year. During the period form January to December 2008 “Woork” has been visited from over 4 millions visitors and I received a lot of requests to distribute a printable version of its contents. In the past days I worked hard to prepare a first version of this handbook and distribute it for free.





The book contains articles with code sections, images, illustrations and links to original contents on woork. How I said isn't a structured book! but a printable version of Woork!

The Woork Handbook has been selected on Scribd as a featured document.


Featured Documents are documents that our editors have deemed to be high quality, and adds significant value to Scribd's collection of documents.


Screenshots
These are some screenshots of the book:



1. Book cover and presentation



2. Internal pages



3. Internal pages

Please, take a mind these points:

- english is not my primary language;
- all content it’s a brutal copy and paste from my blog;
- I’ll update periodically this book with new content.


Read this eBook on-line


The Woork Handbook

I hope you’ll find this handbook (with all his limits...) useful. You can print it on A4 format page (2 pages for each facade).

Every suggestions will be appreaciated.

All the best.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Jack said...

Thanks for this fantastic eBook. I appreciate your effort.

rulexdesign said...

Thanks a lot for this Antonio! I'll start reading it right away! Thanks again for your daily woork!! =P
Eugene.-

alfonso catron said...

thanks antonio! I'm checking it and it's great

Marco said...

L'ho scaricato adesso... bellissima la grafica e il modo in cui sono messi i contenuti. Grazie, ottimo lavoro, lo stavo aspettando da tempo! :)))

Abhisek said...

Fantastic effort. I heard you writing a book on web-designing. but thought it would come for a price. but...thanks man. thanks a ton. this is superb

Andrea Pelizzardi said...

Hey there.
I must admit I don't like this work.

"Make a brutal copy-paste" it's not a good idea.
I think you must write something from nothing, for very noob people who takes your book and says "I don't know what JS is. So today I wanna learn it".
I don't understand who the book is for.
I was expecting new contents and new things to learn.
Finally you must take out the Fonts section. Why do you put it between many many 'coding articles'?

Waiting you answers :)

Timothy Long said...

Nice work, Antonio! Definitely a resource I will refer to often.

Anna said...

I agree with Abhisek... really fantastic effort. It's a nice ebook.

Antonio said...

@Andrea: how how I said it's only a miscellanea of a part of my posts... I did it because in the past year I received a lot of requests from my readers for providing all content of woork in a printable version... I agree with you: "Make a brutal copy-paste" it's not a good idea. But I don't want sell this book. I'll add new content every time I'll post a new article on woork.

This eBook it's only a way to reply to requests of my readers. My "little" public :)

The book it's for them. It's a printable version of Woork. It's not a guide step-by-step to learn something in particular... and isn't a structured work.

For this take a look at Amazon :)))

Jamal said...

Thanks I'm waiting for this. You are the best :)

Andrea Pelizzardi said...

Ok Antonio, I didn't undestand it was a printable version of the site ;)

Regards :)

Antonio said...

@Andrea: no problem! Thanks for your comment :)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a printable version of your site. Nice job!

Aron said...

Beautiful! Thanks friend :)))

awesome-tech said...

Thanks for the new year gift

Daravuth said...

Thanks dude!!! You're doing a very good job!! That's really appreciated..

awesome-tech said...

Antonio, i think printable version in the sense, readers want your blog posts in pdf version. So they can carry tutorials with them as a pdf file.

¥oosu£ said...

u re simply great, just downloaded the book, hope it will be a useful same like ur blog

cage said...

Wow ~~~ fantastic. Thanks for your ebook. ^^

Mario Rojas said...

Hi i'm from mexico!!!! :P this book is a great idea!!! your posts really help me in my knowlendge...

i hope this book will be completed (v1.0) in a couple of weeks jeje, take care dude!! you're the best!!

小四 said...

Thanks great,always post beautiful articles if i have the right translate this to chinese edition ,i will be happy!

Daniel Thompson said...

Hello Antonio! I know you have a template release coming up so I just wanted to give you a heads up. I dont know if you are aware of this issue but the comment link has a grammatical error built in.

When a post only has one comment, it should read - 1 comment and not 1 comments. Could just be a minor problem for almost any blogger. But when you earn a living blogging it does become a factor to consider. Love your work and good luck to you in the future!

Mahesh Kumar said...

Really thank to you friend It is very useful for me

Antoine said...

Thanks a lot for that tremendous effort ; I have been reading the Woork blog for quite some time and such a pdf concatenation is really a nice idea. If I may, a remark for the pdf document : version 0.1 January 200*9* :-) and a suggestion : it would be terrific if the code snippets would be color-highlighted. Best wishes for new year Antonio !!

Carlo said...

Thanks a lot! I like your blog and I'm sure this e-book will be really interesting

erick said...

Thanks for this donation :D

Agung Cahyadi said...

I'am glad its free..
thank you very much.

Hayley Solich said...

I stumbled across this via Twitter. I'm appreciative of your efforts to pass on valuable information. Thank you.

Daniele said...

That's a fantastic eBook Antonio, thank you very much for putting it together! Oh and the layout of the book is awesome too :)

khammami said...

thanks Antonio great job

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Your the best Antonio!

Raju said...

I really appreciate this!! Thanks a lot :)

projectautomatika said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the share.

Archit said...

Amazing work Antonio!

Isaac Pante said...

Excellent wo(o)rk Antonio :)

I'll forward this link to my students.

Oh, by the way, Happy new year!

Frédéric said...

One of my reference book now. Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Dan said...

Congrats and thank you !

grigio said...

Thank you very much for the noble attitude. :-)

Guto Costa said...

Excelent book. Thanks.

h454n said...

very nice work
thanks antony

Scott "Snerdey" Lawrence said...

Most awesome information and I've printed it out for the staff to read up on. I think I'll create a test based on it :)

Professional Lab said...

Wow Woork! Thanks for the book.

Evilish said...

Good work Antonio! Keep it up!

Even thought English might not be your first language. I find your posts to be pretty easy to understand.

You've got a pretty awesome way of breaking things down. The illustrations and the fonts rock.

Thanks again mate!
- Marcin

Mini0n said...

Awesome! =)

sarbartha said...

This handbook is really helpful. Thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge.

Karthikeyan said...

Thanks for the E-Book

Ulises said...

Aunque el ingles es mi idioma preferido el aporte esta mas que excelente Muchas Gracias!

The Guide said...

Thank you, Antonio, I have been a regular reader of your blog. Great stuff.

stefano73 said...

Grazie per il lavoro svolto! Spero in nuovi sviluppi viste le sempre nuove idee e l'effervescenza del sito!
Buon Tutto

sajid said...

Thanks for such a nice book.

Web design said...

nice book for beginner, thanks

Jeff Seager said...

Great work, Antonio!

I can easily understand your meaning, but the handbook would be better with a little editing for most English-speaking people. I have years of editing experience, and I'd be happy to make corrections for you if you ask. Because you're offering this to us free, I will return the favor for the same cost.

The important thing is that you are showing the correct way of creating a robust website that is simple and expandable, and I'm grateful for that! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

thank you for this

Hediye said...

Good blog, the best woork..
Thanks!

idioteque82 said...

Grazie Antonio! Fai davvero un ottimo lavoro!

ramiro alonso said...

Muchas gracias por sistematizar lo básico junto con los detalles tan útiles y tan buenos.
Thanks a lot

jon said...

thanks a lots. this is very useful for me..

http://www.csshook.com
jon

A J said...

work done by the antonio is really appriciable, I thanks once again.

thanks for your work

uchoxs said...

thank for your workbook. you can share another information at htp://share-portal.blogspot.com

Janckos said...

Muchas gracias!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the wonderful book..
I loved your valuable tips...

Anonymous said...

Your are the man! I am downloading it now!

I really like your site and have read most of the tutorials you've posted.

Thank you loads!

queeniyang said...

Thank you!! That's really appreciated.It's easy to understatnd .

Anonymous said...

Gracias desde Chile! :-D

Anonymous said...

This is a great resource! Thank you for your generosity!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is what's some of what's best in humanity, learning, growing, sharing, learning, growing... progress

Gaurav_M said...

Thanks a lot for spreading the knowledge

ashvin said...

wow your blog in a book.

thanx

Héctor Guedea said...

Hello Antonio, your great book has been published in my blog: http://guedea.blogspot.com

Great Work!, i mean: WOORK!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your site!

Kate or Kate Mag said...

Thank you so much. I love your blog. That's a fantastic ebook

malkimiya said...

Can't wait to read it all!

JoseCtesArg said...

Antonio, very very nice work...
An observation: the PDF version in this post has 133 pages, the Scribd version 189. It's obvious the PDF is outdated
A little correction: CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets, not Cascade Style Sheets (Chapter 1)

nerigobiz said...

Ciao Antonio. Mille Grazie!!. Thank you for sharing your knowledge !!
You did a great job,writing it in English!!!! Alex

Brian said...

Thank you very much for your fantastic e-book

Roberto Lage said...

Moitas gracias por todo, Antón.

vicky said...

hi,

its really very easy to learn

Rociiu said...

Nice job!!!

Tinh said...

Great book, thanks for sharing this free

Ignatia/Inge de Waard said...

Thank you very much for sharing this book, I will gladly put it in the picture in blogpost tomorrow.

Great!

Pepe said...

Felicitaciones, excelente material, muchísimas gracias por compartirlo.

Saludos.

bbtt said...

Thank you woork. your book will help me to learn more.

yohanes said...

thanks.

your ebook tutorial is very good

Pietro Portano said...

Many thanx for this awesome book!

Kyaw said...

Hello,
Mr.,
I would like ask some question.I have alittle experience of web programming,But it is not enough to understand this book.What kind of basic course is need to understand .
Thank u

diding soegama said...

thanks for the free ebook. great resource...!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I have been a backend programmer for many years and recently was asked to redesign the UI for an application and I really am not a UI person - my experience is not with HTML or CSS. This book has been so helpful. Better than ones that I have paid for. I would gladly donate a few dollars in thanks to you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dear, for this ebook. G.S.Lahoti, India

subagya said...

Thanks for you sharing this ebook...
best regards from Indonesia

Handoyo said...

Thanks for the share..

Kevin said...

Thanks so much for the eBook Antonio!

Praveen balagam said...

Hi Antonio, i am really very grateful to u, bcoz i am very fond to learn CSS. I searched a lot for Simple and for fantistic out put of CSS styles.


thanks a lot

Enigma said...

Your work is great Antonio...
Tons of thanks to you..

Jhangora said...

I don't know anything about HTML, AJAX, etc but want to learn so that I can improve my blog. Downloading ur ebook. Hope I will be able to learn and implement these things on my blog. Thanx a lot. Keep up the good work Antonio.

www.RedesignYourBiz.com said...

i thank you from the bottom of my heart..... ur site is truly one of the best for free resources and tips.

thanks again

herinxi said...

thank u very much, i hope i can learn a lot from this books. :)

瘋狂男人 said...

thank you very much, i was finding this kind of book for a long time.

Hot Fuzz said...

Great effort.

doctor info said...

thnks for provide it,, its very useful e-book ,,,,

eksistensikoe said...

Thank you Mr. Woork. Hope it's useful for more people in the world:)

R. Chiriboga said...

Wow. Great job. Your efforts to our community are well appreciated.

Anonymous said...

very nice ebooks

I will also like to share this free pdf ebook site

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, I am looking forward to reading your book!

Anonymous said...

Thanks dude. I'm loving it

Anonymous said...

Great job
this is very usefull for me and i'll keep waiting for the update

abu faqih said...

nice job. i've been waiting so long to find the tutorial like this. thank you

blog seo tips said...

Nice work, Antonio! Definitely a resource I will refer to often.

S N O W F L A K E said...

Thank you so much for that great work...this is really great.

calcifer said...

Thanks, I am looking forward such a good book

neki arismi said...

thanks for the ebook ^^

Anouar said...

thank you for this usful handbook

Kaushik said...

Great work. It must have taken a lot of efforts. Its really useful

Gingerblah said...

thank you so much for publishing your ebook! i've been looking for info on how to re-design & tweak my blog.

Robin Fuglevand said...

I have scimmed throug 3-4 pages online, I must say thank you for this book.

It will help me alot in my future projects. Keep up the good work Antonio :)

The Virtual said...

Very good job! Well done!

kurtlar Vadisi Gladio said...

Very good job! Well done!

Bujar Kocana said...

Antonio!
This is a fantastic eBook,i should like to use for my students Bujar Kocana University Library
Albania

asdfgghljl said...

Thank you for all the valuable knowledge you are giving for free, you are a true altruist. Also thank you for taking the time and putting everything in a book form. I am going to print that beauty and keep it by my side while working for refference.

Thank you so much!!

Rosie said...

Thank you! Being new to web design I was using the www.w3schools.com tutorials (which are great!) --- but found after studying CSS I still needed more guidance. That's when I found your blog and I love it! You're a great communicator. I love how you organize you code and have all these great tips.
And now...I've got my own hard copy of your notes to study when I'm not at the computer. Thank you!

Projektowanie stron said...

Free? woow Thanks a lot :)

doquocduy said...

Great handbook!
Thanks from Vietnam

velanaiTamilan said...

Its a goood effort... please do post articles like this in the future. Also I want to learn javascript, please suggest me any resources. I know its alot out there. Something easy and I can read.......

Anonymous said...

Thx Man.....

  • Twitter Follow woork on Twitter
  • RSS Feed Subscribe to stay up to date
  • Podcast Coming soon...
  • 0 delicious lovers save
Share your links. Do you want to suggest any interesting link about web design or tech news? Submit your link.
Submit a News